When your family drinks water, you need to know it’s clean—and free of harmful contaminants. And no one wants to deal with water that’s hard to wash with. That’s why Plumbing by Jake offers water treatment systems and water softeners in Kingman.
Here’s how we help:
- Full installation of water treatment systems & water softeners
- Every installation comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Get a fixed-price estimate with no hidden fees
- We sell high-performance new systems
You deserve the comfort, convenience, and peace of mind that only properly purified and softened water can provide. Let us show you how we can help you. Call 928-377-5910 or fill out the form to the right and get answers from a pro.
What’s the difference between a water softener and water treatment?
A water softener is designed to make your water easier to use, by allowing it to more easily “suds up” with soap or detergent. Kingman has very “hard” soap-resistant water which makes any use of soap difficult, from washing your hands to getting the dishes clean. Water softeners reduce the mineral content of the water so that it’s softer.
Water treatment systems, also known as whole-home water filtration systems, focus on purifying your water of contaminants. This can include chemicals, dangerous minerals, heavy metals and biological contaminants. The point is to make the water safer to drink.
Plumbing by Jake sells and installs both types of systems. We can help you get softer water, cleaner water or both.
Do I need a home water treatment system in Kingman?
This is a personal decision that’s up to each homeowner. Many people drink water from the tap without additional treatments, but given the contaminants that have been found in Nevada water, many others prefer to treat it to remove chemicals, radioactive minerals, and other contaminants.
However, you should be aware of where your water comes from. The contaminants you face depend on whether you get your water from the city water supply or from a well. Each carries its own advantages and drawbacks.
- Kingman’s public water has been rated safe to drink by federal standards. However, many homeowners worry that these standards do not go far enough—especially since there are trace amounts of uranium and radioactive materials in our water, likely related to past nuclear testing in Nevada. Likewise, the city adds either chlorine or chloramine to our water supply, which is means to kill bacteria and invasive mussels—but many people worry about drinking it.
- Well water generally draws from the same water table as city water does. It does not involve chlorine or other additives unless you add them yourself; however, your well is subject to local contaminants that would not necessarily be found in the city’s water testing. If neighbors improperly dispose of paint, gasoline, oil or other products, for example, dangerous chemicals could end up in your well without your knowledge.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to treat your water depends on what you think is right for yourself and your family.
What contaminants are most common in Kingman’s water supply?
The contaminants that cause the most alarm locally are heavy metals like uranium, other radioactive minerals, and lead. However, that’s only part of the picture. In 2017, testing was carried out by an independent nonprofit known as the Environmental Working Group or EWG. Here are some highlights from their report:
- 9 of these contaminants were detected at levels above health limits or legal limits
- Kingman’s public water supply featured 3 contaminants at dangerous levels—including chromium, trihalomethanes and radiological contaminants—all of which cause cancer.
Obviously, this is unsettling news. But you can protect yourself. If you are on Kingman’s public water we can help you select a water filtration and treatment system that will specifically reduce these types of contaminants. And if you’re on well water, a simple water test can determine what contaminants you need to protect against. This is a service we provide.
Do I need a water softener in Kingman?
The short answer is yes.
Kingman—and the entire Las Vegas Valley—has some of the hardest water in the country, possibly even the world. That’s because of the extremely high mineral content of our silt-heavy river. These minerals make their way into the ground and eventually into our aquifers, where they seep into the water used by both public water utilities and local wells.
In other words, if you live in Kingman, good luck soaping up.
But getting a good lather isn’t the thing that’s difficult with hard water. It causes a variety of problems, including:
- Cannot get soap or shampoo to rinse away easily when done washing
- Dishes come out of dishwasher with spots on them
- Detergent particles cannot wash out of clothes and end up trapping dirt in the clothing—the opposite of getting it clean!
This is why almost all Kingman homeowners prefer to have a water softener. It reduces frustration at the sink, in the shower, and any time you use your home appliances.
Do water softeners add chemicals to my water?
Although there are chemicals that can soften water, that’s not how our in-home water softeners work. Instead, they run your water through a mineral tank. Beads in the mineral tank allow the minerals in the water to “cling” to them, so that the water leaves without them, or with a much lower level. The result is safe, soft water with NO chemicals added.
We can install a water softener as a standalone unit or as part of a water treatment system installation. We believe you should have water that is safe, pure and soft enough to use.
Talk to a Kingman Water Treatment & Water Softener Specialist Today
Don’t take risks with your water. You deserve to feel confident every time you turn on the tap—and healthy every time you take a sip. Plumbing by Jake will help you find the right system for your needs and perform full-service, professional installation. Call us at 928-377-5910 or fill out the form to your right and speak with one of our service experts today.