When you turn on the hot water faucet in your home, you expect hot water to come out without a long wait. And when you get your energy bill, you don’t want to see outrageous prices because of an old or failing water heater. Unfortunately, however, many Golden Valley residents face both of these problems.
If your water heater isn’t working for you, you don’t have to be stuck with it. One repair from Plumbing by Jake could make all the difference, and installing a new one could be more cost-effective than you think. Our Golden Valley water heater repair, installation, and replacement company gets you results.
How Do I Know If My Water Heater Needs to Be Repaired?
We understand that homeowners don’t want to call a water heater repair technician if they don’t have to. And sometimes, it’s not clear whether your water heater’s performance needs fixing or if that’s “just how it is.”
In most cases, if you’re not getting the hot water output that you’d expect from your water heater, there’s probably a performance issue that we can address. And we can often do it with one short visit. In addition, making these repairs is often far more cost-effective than waiting for the water heater to have a plumbing emergency or needing to replace it.
Some of the most significant signs that it’s time for a repair include:
- It takes far too long for the water to warm up; and especially if it takes longer than it used to
- You get hot water, but it runs out surprisingly quickly
- Your water gets warm, but it never gets hot, or not for long
- Your hot water has less water pressure than the cold water does
- You’ve noticed an increase in your energy bills, or they seem higher than you’d expect
- The water heater makes unexpected noises or comes on constantly
- You’ve seen plumbing leaks around your water heater
Some of these indicate serious problems or that your water heater is struggling. If this is the case, it’s likely to wear out or break soon if you don’t get it addressed.
How to Know If It’s Time to Replace Your Water Heater
While there are signs that it’s time to replace your water heater, it can be challenging to know as a homeowner. We recommend considering the following:
How Old and Well-Maintained Is the Water Heater?
Most water heaters last about 10 years before they begin to wear out (though they can often go longer if they are well maintained). If yours is older than that and you haven’t been getting annual maintenance visits, it may be worth replacing it when it acts up.
Are You Facing a Repair That Would Cost More Than $400?
While repairs can keep your water heater going an extra year or two, a costly repair will not always pay off in the long run, primarily since a new unit will likely deliver energy savings every month.
Do You Ever Have “Not Enough Hot Water” in Your Home?
Repairing a broken unit is worth it if it’s adequate for all your needs. But if you have to cut showers short or carefully time when you take them, installing a new unit will pay off in a big way.
Are You Hearing Loud Noises?
Water heaters make sounds that indicate they’re working normally. However, if you hear other noises, your water may soon quit on you.
For example, a banging or rumbling sound could be telling you that there is extensive sediment buildup in your water heater. As time passes, this buildup can decrease deficiency and cause damage.
Do You Notice Rust-Colored Water Coming From Your Faucets?
Your home’s water should come out of your faucets crystal clear. If you notice that it’s reddish or brownish, you may have a severe issue on your hands. First, check with your water department to see if there’s been an issue.
If not, the rust could be coming from inside your water heater, or it could be your pipes beginning to rust. No matter, when you call our team, we’ll diagnose the problem and fix it fast.
Why Choose Plumbing by Jake?
Plumbing by Jake has been the leading water heater repair, installation, and replacement company in Golden Valley, AZ, for over a decade.
We stand out not only because of our highly trained expert plumbers but also our commitment to service. We guarantee five-star service on every job, and we stand behind our work.
Our licensed experts will help you with:
- Repairing your broken, faulty, or leaking water heater
- 24/7 emergency repairs
- Installing a new energy-efficient water heater
- Hassle-free installation or replacement, with a transparent up-front estimate
- Complete satisfaction guarantee on every job
- Maintaining and repairing your water heater, no matter the year or model
We deliver results you’ll be happy with. So, call and talk to the water heater pros today.
We Repair, Install, and Replace Your Golden Valley Water Heater Correctly
There is more to water heater installation or replacement than hooking up your hoses and lines. It needs adequate space for it to function safely and correctly. An improperly installed water heater is a safety risk to your family and home.
When you call one of our licensed experts, you can rest easy knowing your tank or tankless water heater is installed correctly for maximum performance, energy savings, and safety. Our installation services include:
- Local code compliance
- Correct water heater setup
- Proper water heater ventilation and placement
- Professional installation of electrical or gas elements
- Maximum possible energy savings
Turn to us for your water heater repair, installation, or replacement in Golden Valley. We are authorized dealers of the highest quality, most energy-efficient water heaters on the market. Call us, and we’ll help you discover the water heater that meets your needs and fits your budget.
We Service and Install Tankless Water Heaters in Golden Valley
We recommend tankless heaters for two reasons:
- Your comfort: Because we know you’d rather not stand in a cold bathroom waiting for your shower to warm up, we offer tankless water heaters that virtually eliminate wait time. In addition, you should never run out of hot water with a tankless water heater. Finally, if you choose the correct tank capacity for your family-size home, you should never have to settle for tepid or cold water again.
- Maximum energy savings: Because your water is heated only when you turn on the hot water tap, there is no standby energy loss like there is with storage water heaters. Tankless heaters are energy savers.
Because our plumbers regularly install and maintain tankless water heaters, we provide a variety of professional services, including:
- Repairing faulty or non-working units.
- Measuring the size, capacity, and placement of your tankless heater. We ensure your tankless water heater is the correct model for your needs
- Fast, thorough, and code-compliant tankless heater installation.
Talk to a Golden Valley Water Heater Specialist Today
Don’t put up with lukewarm water or sky-high energy bills. We offer energy-efficient new units, plus:
- A FREE year of maintenance with your installation
- A FREE installation estimate if you buy your water heater from us
- 100% guarantee on every unit and installation
- Top-rated service
Plumbing by Jake is a trusted Golden Valley water heater repair, installation, and replacement company that delivers the reliable hot water you deserve. Call us or contact us online and speak with one of our service experts today.