Take a moment and think about your home water system. Imagine all the tap water your family members use to take a shower, brush their teeth, or make their tea or coffee. Household tap water is an integral part of daily life – and it needs to be safe.
It is time to give your home water system a check-up, thanks to an offer from your neighbor, Plumbing By Jake. We are providing free home water testing services to Golden Valley residents. This is your chance to ensure your family is safe from pollutants and toxins in your tap water.
Why Do You Need to Test Your Water?
Your water may seem pure, but the number of unseen substances floating through your tap will amaze you. When your family drinks and bathes in the water pumping through your pipes, exposed to these extra elements running through the plumbing system.
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has conducted investigations on pollutants in tap water. Exploring your water in Golden Valley is the first step to ensuring your family has safe water without dangerous chemicals and elements.
What Pollutants Might Be in Your Golden Valley Water?
Knowing what may be lurking in your home tap water is the first step to getting rid of contaminants and giving your family healthy water. Some of the unwanted and dissolved elements give off offensive smells. Others make your water look murky and cloudy.
Here are some common pollutants that our Golden Valley free home water test will look for:
- Calcium: Ingesting too much calcium can lead to a condition called hypercalcemia. This disorder is associated with health problems like kidney stones, muscle weakness, and irregular heartbeat.
- Radioactive elements: If excess levels of radioactive materials find their way into your drinking water, you and your family could be at higher risk of developing cancer. When consumed by a pregnant woman, radioactive contaminants could affect fetal development.
- Chlorine: Chlorine works to disinfect swimming pools, and it is also used in small doses to sanitize drinking water. However, too much chlorination has been tied to increased rates of bladder cancer.
- Iron: Hard water has elevated iron levels, making it taste metallic. Iron in your home’s water can also stain your clothes and lead to digestive problems like nausea, vomiting, and constipation.
- Magnesium: This mineral is essential in your diet, but too much can harm your health. For example, you might experience diarrhea, confusion, and a dangerous drop in blood pressure.
- Lead: Even a minuscule amount of lead can be unsafe – especially for children and pregnant women. This colorless and odorless substance can get into your water through lead pipes used in your home’s plumbing. When it builds up in your body, lead could cause brain damage and kidney problems.
- Arsenic: Arsenic is a carcinogen, so long-term exposure to the water you drink can lead to cancer.
- Nitrate: When you consume too many nitrates, your red blood cells could have trouble transporting oxygen. This leads to anemia, weakness, fatigue, headaches, and rapid heart rate.
Other less common contaminants we test for include:
- Barium: This metallic substance can cause many health problems, including organ damage, high blood pressure, heart arrhythmia, breathing difficulties, stomach irritation, and muscle weakness.
- Aluminum: Aluminum in your water is generally safe, causing only minor issues like a buildup in your plumbing and discoloration of your skin or teeth. However, it can cause dangerous brain and bone disorders for individuals on dialysis.
- Mercury: Mercury poisoning could lead to serious health problems, including brain and kidney damage, impaired memory, and vision or hearing changes.
- Sulfur: In addition to a characteristic “rotten egg” smell, sulfur can corrode your pipes and discolor your plumbing fixtures and silver, brass, or copper dishes.
Monitoring Golden Valley’s Water
A few national organizations are looking out for Arizona’s water. One of these groups pushed the legislature to create the National Safe Drinking Water Act, establishing laws that:
- Acknowledge more than 300 dangerous elements in water throughout the United States
- Establish guidelines for unacceptable levels of these elements
- Monitor public water systems throughout the United States through the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
But, even with the best intentions of managing toxins, a few slip through into Arizona’s water sources. To control the variety of contaminants in the water serving Golden Valley, our free home water test is not just a precaution for homeowners — it is a necessity.
Free Water Testing in Golden Valley, AZ
There is nothing better than a free service. Plumbing by Jake continues its commitment to Golden Valley by offering to perform a home water test at no charge to you. Our competent Comfort Consultants will bring their expertise and equipment to your home and test your water.
We look for contaminants such as arsenic, mercury, lead, nitrates, sulfates, chlorine levels, and total dissolved solids (TDS) during this free home water test.
If you find brittle outer layers of matter around your fixtures and faucets, or if your tap water tastes disgusting, TDS may be the cause. Experts identify dissolved solids as metals, salts, organic matter, and waste.
What Plumbing By Jake Can Do for You
Our water system inspection may uncover hidden obstacles in your home’s plumbing. The water test is a quick procedure, worth your time, and beneficial to your family’s health. Our capable consultants explain what they are looking for and your options to improve it.
Our professional crew can provide you with any plumbing assistance. We do it all for you. We can help you select, install, and become a health-conscious owner of a water treatment system.
We agree that your family deserves clean, safe, and soft water in your home. Just look at what we have to offer:
- Your estimate is always honest and up-front
- Our all-in-one installations eliminate your headaches and hassles
- We guarantee 100% satisfaction
Your Comprehensive Plumbing Solution in Golden Valley, AZ
As you tune up your home water, one improvement that will enhance your home water system is a water filtration system. This filtration structure destroys hard water problems, chlorine smells, and bad taste.
When you schedule your free home water test with us, you will meet with a team that cares about the residents of Golden Valley. Your neighbors frequently hire our expert technicians to unclog drains, install bathtubs, repair toilets, clear sewers and water lines, and repair or install water heaters.
We keep you one step ahead of plumbing worries. Catching a minor issue before it explodes into a significant catastrophe saves you money and headaches. Don’t wait until an emergency flares up. If you have a problem with plumbing and water lines, we are your fix-it team.
Schedule Your Free Golden Valley Home Water Test Today
We are prepared to give your Golden Valley home a thorough water investigation at no charge. Our crew’s years of experience with Arizona water and home water treatment systems make them the team on which you can rely.
With one simple phone call today, you can schedule an appointment for our expert plumbers to visit your home and inspect the water. Your family uses this water every day, and you want it safe from contaminants.
Now is the time to schedule your free home water test in Golden Valley with Plumbing By Jake. Contact us online to schedule your free water test today or give us a call at the number at the top of your screen.