Hot water is not a luxury; it’s a necessity. Like most people, Lake Havasu residents use hot water for everything from washing dishes to relaxing in the shower. It’s such an integral part of our lives that even one day without it creates a significant inconvenience.
So, if your water heater is causing you trouble or you purchased a new one needing installation, Plumbing by Jake is a Lake Havasu water heater repair, installation, and replacement company you can trust. All our work is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. This means you don’t have to go another day without hot water.
Services We Offer in Lake Havasu
Since this company was founded, we’ve prided ourselves in providing superior, 5-star service to Lake Havasu residents with highly trained, expert plumbers. We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Water heater repair of all types, no matter the model or year
- New water heater sales, along with a free assessment of your water capacity needs
- Full-service installation of your new water heater
- Water treatment and softener installation to ensure your new water heater provides your family safe, clean, and usable water.
- Emergency 24/7 service
What Are the Top Requested Water Heater Repairs in Lake Havasu?
Barely heated water or no hot water at all probably means you’re dealing with a water heater that’s about to stop working. This makes performing everyday household tasks a frustrating challenge.
Fortunately, our experienced plumbers have dealt with nearly every possible Lake Havasu water heater problem and fixed them all. Here are the most common issues our plumbers face:
The Water Isn’t Hot Enough
Our customers often face this frustrating problem for far longer than they need to. However, it’s typically a fast and easy fix. Traditional electric water heaters use a pair of heating elements to heat the water in your tank.
If one burns out, the other can only partially heat the water resulting in warm but not hot water. Our plumbers will replace the faulty heating element, and if this isn’t the cause of the problem, we won’t stop until we find the issue and fix your water heater.
There Is No Hot Water
If you have no hot water, it could mean both of your heating elements are burned out. Or, depending on your unit, it may be something else, like an issue with the high-temperature cut-off.
If you have a gas-heated water tank, you may have problems with your pilot or burner. No matter what the problem is, we will isolate the problem and return you to steaming hot water in no time.
Erratic Heating or a Lengthy Wait for Hot Water
We often see these issues with gas-heated water tanks. A build-up of dirt and ash on the burner assembly causes burner and pilot light issues, reducing the efficiency of the whole unit.
If your energy bills climb as your water capacity declines, this is the most likely culprit.
Leaking Around the Tank
Leaking around the hot water tank could be a standard hose and line wear and tear; however, the pressure relief valve could also be blamed. The pressure relief valve stops your water heater from overheating. It is designed to release steam and moisture if the tank’s internal pressure gets too high.
If this valve, or components inside the valve, have been damaged or worn out, it could be releasing water for no reason. Our expert plumbers will find the problem and get your water heater leak-proof in no time.
If you aren’t sure what’s causing your problem, call our friendly customer service team, and we’ll help you determine the cause and decide whether or not to schedule service.
Do You Service and Install Tankless Water Heaters?
Absolutely! There are two reasons we recommend tankless heaters:
- Energy savings: A tankless water heater will substantially lower your energy use and increase your savings. The reason? Standby energy losses associated with storage water heaters don’t exist. With a tankless heater, the water is only heated when you turn on the hot water fixture in your kitchen or bathroom.
- Comfort: No one likes standing in a cold bathroom waiting for their shower to warm up. A tankless water heater essentially eliminates shower wait time. It also means you should never run out of hot water. As long as you are using the correct tank capacity necessary for the number of people in your home, no one should ever have to settle for lukewarm water again.
In addition, since tankless water heaters are often mounted on the outside of the home, they are more common in Lake Havasu than in other parts of the country. This means our plumbers work on tankless heaters regularly. We offer a full range of services, including:
- Repair of non-functioning or faulty units
- Quick, careful, code-compliant installation of new units
- Capacity, size, and placement of your tankless heater. We make sure you get the right heater for your needs
Water Heater Installation in Lake Havasu
Installing a water heater is more than hooking up lines and hoses. The proper space is needed for your water heater to function safely. A water heater that’s been improperly installed is a safety risk to your entire household.
When you call in one of our licensed experts, you can be sure your water heater is installed correctly for optimal safety, performance, and energy savings.
Our water heater installation services in Lake Havasu include:
- Proper unit placement and ventilation
- Professional installation of all gas or electrical elements
- Proper water heater setup
- Maximum energy savings
- Local code compliance
Finally, we are also authorized sellers of high-quality, energy-efficient water heaters. We can help you find a water heater that meets your needs and budget.
Why Would I Need to Replace My Water Heater?
From lack of hot water to puddles on the floor, there are multiple clear signs that your water heater may be on its last legs. Some issues, like the ones mentioned above, can be repaired. Other problems are signs your water heater needs replacing.
- The age of your water heater: With ongoing maintenance, your tank water heater may last six to 12 years; a tankless water heater may operate for more than 20. However, if your tank water heater has problems and is more than 10 years old, you may want to call us to consider replacing it. The warranty on your water heater can provide an accurate timeline.
- A higher utility bill: A higher utility bill is often a sign your water heater is in trouble. If your unit is consuming more energy to provide you with the same or less hot water, you should take a closer look at it.
- Rusty water: If your water is discolored, it’s a clear indication your water heater is underperforming. If your water has a metallic odor or is rust-colored, it could mean your tank is rusting, possibly due to steel lining corrosion. If your tank is corroded, you should have it replaced by a licensed professional as soon as possible.
- Serious leaks: Neglecting a severe water heater leak could lead to a tank explosion. That’s because it could indicate the unit’s relief valve isn’t working correctly, or the water pressure is too high.
- Your water heater hasn’t been appropriately maintained: A good maintenance record is crucial to extending the life of your water heater. Without scheduled upkeep, you may have to replace your unit sooner. Please schedule an appointment with our team to have it drained, flushed, and cleaned annually. However, with Lake Havasu’s hard water, you may need it serviced every six months.
Talk to a Lake Havasu Water Heater Specialist Today
Hot water is a necessity for modern life. And by calling Plumbing by Jake to repair, install, or replace your water heater in Lake Havasu, you’ll never again wake up to an icy-cold shower. Plus, we guarantee quick repairs and quality installations.
Contact us by completing our online form or by calling us to speak with one of our service experts today. You can also check out our current coupons and promotions page for water heater service deals and discounts.